I’ve posted my review on the Canon PowerShot A470 and also the Canon PowerShot A470 sample photo gallery. Check them both out… just a friendly reminder since those two articles got bumped down by our site redesign announcement.
And speaking of the site redesign, I’m glad almost all our readers are liking it. Keep the feedback and comments coming, dpi [at] dpinterface [dot] com.
What have I been doing during the time I’m not writing reviews? Not relaxing, that’s for sure… after lots of hard effort working on the DPInterface 3.0 design, it’s finally up and running! Most of the pages and navigation remain the same, for the convenience of readers, but you’ll notice the new, noticeably spiced up design. Here’s what’s new:
- New! Cover page design - We’ve managed to fit in more news and content onto our front page without compromising readability, and reviews are more accessible too.
- New! Featured reviews section - This area on the right will display recently reviewed cameras
- New! Search tool - Looking for something on the site? We’ve added a search function so you can find the news, reviews, and anything you want quickly and easily.
- News categories - Browsing DPInterface has been made easier thanks to classifying photo & camera news, camera reviews, photo galleries and site news into their own easily accessible pages.
- Improved RSS feed and bookmarking so that our daily headlines will always be at your fingertips (a click away).
- Reviews index page - We’ve done away with our ‘Reviews Bar’ (whose fonts were on the small side) and put all our reviews neatly arranged by manufacturer in a more readable and faster loading reviews index page. Check it out!
- Digital camera buyers guide (coming soon) - In a few days time, you’ll notice the appearance of a new item in the navigation bar above: our digital camera buyers guide which will showcase our picks of cameras worthy of your time and consideration.
- Photo tips weekly - Beginning November 2008, we’re gonna feature a weekly column where you can learn more about cameras and taking better pictures.
- Discussion and comments area - We don’t want to be the one always talking, and bore you to sleeping on your keyboard. Get together and have your say on the latest cameras released, your opinions on cameras and more. Post your two cents worth in the comments section, available in every news post.
Thank you all, for your patience while we implemented the new design this week and also for being loyal readers of DPInterface. If there’s anything you wanna see or found that we’ve left out, be sure to write to us. And please do tell us how you find the site design by either voting in the poll on the top right of the screen, posting a comment here or e-mail, dpi [at] dpinterface [dot] com. It’s time for me to get back to posting some reviews so that’s all for now I guess.
Here’s my review of the Canon PowerShot A470, an entry-level camera with a 3.4X zoom lens, 2.5 inch LCD and good camera performance. And for under $150, it sounds like a bargain. How does the camera perform? Find out now.
Keep reading »
Here’s the Canon PowerShot A470 Photo Gallery which contains the pictures taken by the camera. Be sure to check out the Canon PowerShot A470 review too!
Keep reading »
Wondering where our old site news have gone after the site redesign? Click here for old site news from April 2005 till October 2008.
Here it is, I’ve published my review of the Olympus Stylus 1030SW, a very solid point-and-shoot camera that’s water, shock, crush and freeze proof. Does it take good pictures? Hit the link and find out! I’ve also posted the Olympus Stylus 1030SW photo gallery as well.
Yes, I don’t do this very often but since these two great cameras are so similar, I did a two-in-one review of the Panasonic Lumix FS3/FS5 pair. Check out these two very nice, very affordable compact cameras with optical image stabilization… and don’t forget their respective photo galleries too: