Today is Turkey Day in the US. Happy Thanksgiving to all our readers who celebrate Thanksgiving!
And be sure to make a rush for the bargains on Black Friday! I’ve posted my review on the Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Digital ELPH, which is a compact 15 megapixel camera! And it feels like just yesterday that we were all happy with our 7 megapixel point-and-shoots… The SD990 IS Digital ELPH review is the first of three 14.7 megapixel camera reviews that I will be posting. Yes, I’m gonna have a “15 megapixel compact camera special”; the other two camera reviews coming up are of the Nikon Coolpix S710 and Panasonic Lumix FX150 – Both are compact cameras with 15 megapixels and manual controls too.
Hopefully I’ll be able to post the other two reviews in time for Christmas, so to help you decide and pick the 15 megapixel camera of your choice.
Here’s my review of the Olympus Stylus 840; a stylish 8 megapixel camera with 5X zoom. Oh, and be sure to check out the Olympus Stylus 840 photo gallery too. Hit the jump for the full review of the camera.
Keep reading »
I’ve just published my review of the Olympus FE320 digital camera. This 8 megapixel entry-level model features a 2.7 inch LCD, 3X zoom lens and slim design. Oh, and be sure to check out the Olympus FE320 photo gallery too. Hit the link for more.
Keep reading »
I’ve posted my review on the Canon PowerShot A470 and also the Canon PowerShot A470 sample photo gallery. Check them both out… just a friendly reminder since those two articles got bumped down by our site redesign announcement.
And speaking of the site redesign, I’m glad almost all our readers are liking it. Keep the feedback and comments coming, dpi [at] dpinterface [dot] com.
What have I been doing during the time I’m not writing reviews? Not relaxing, that’s for sure… after lots of hard effort working on the DPInterface 3.0 design, it’s finally up and running! Most of the pages and navigation remain the same, for the convenience of readers, but you’ll notice the new, noticeably spiced up design. Here’s what’s new:
- New! Cover page design – We’ve managed to fit in more news and content onto our front page without compromising readability, and reviews are more accessible too.
- New! Featured reviews section – This area on the right will display recently reviewed cameras
- New! Search tool – Looking for something on the site? We’ve added a search function so you can find the news, reviews, and anything you want quickly and easily.
- News categories – Browsing DPInterface has been made easier thanks to classifying photo & camera news, camera reviews, photo galleries and site news into their own easily accessible pages.
- Improved RSS feed and bookmarking so that our daily headlines will always be at your fingertips (a click away).
- Reviews index page – We’ve done away with our ‘Reviews Bar’ (whose fonts were on the small side) and put all our reviews neatly arranged by manufacturer in a more readable and faster loading reviews index page. Check it out!
- Digital camera buyers guide (coming soon) – In a few days time, you’ll notice the appearance of a new item in the navigation bar above: our digital camera buyers guide which will showcase our picks of cameras worthy of your time and consideration.
- Photo tips weekly – Beginning November 2008, we’re gonna feature a weekly column where you can learn more about cameras and taking better pictures.
- Discussion and comments area – We don’t want to be the one always talking, and bore you to sleeping on your keyboard. Get together and have your say on the latest cameras released, your opinions on cameras and more. Post your two cents worth in the comments section, available in every news post.
Thank you all, for your patience while we implemented the new design this week and also for being loyal readers of DPInterface. If there’s anything you wanna see or found that we’ve left out, be sure to write to us. And please do tell us how you find the site design by either voting in the poll on the top right of the screen, posting a comment here or e-mail, dpi [at] dpinterface [dot] com. It’s time for me to get back to posting some reviews so that’s all for now I guess.