Fujifilm announced a whopping eighteen new cameras today, and to kick things off, there’s five affordably priced pocket cameras with sub-$150 price tags. These cameras are extremely similar in terms of feature set: point and shoot operation (no manual controls), ‘traditional’ CCD image sensor (means no high-speed burst or slow motion movie modes here), basic 720p HD video with mono sound and simple operation in mind, allowing you to ‘step up’ to the next model for not much more cash.
All of the five cameras below use Fujifilm lithium-ion batteries and take SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards, and will become available towards February (JX500 and JX550) and March (AX550, JZ100 and JZ250)
- Fujifilm Finepix AX550: $90, 16 megapixels, 5X optical zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
- Fujifilm FinePix JX500: $100, 14 megapixels, 5X optical zoom
- Fujifilm FinePix JX550: $120, 16 megapixels, 5X optical zoom, 3 inch LCD
- Fujifilm FinePix JZ100: $130, 14 megapixels, 8X optical zoom with optical image stabilizer, 2.7 inch LCD
- Fujifilm FinePix JZ250: $150, same as JZ100 above but with 16 megapixels