Canon announced their new EOS Rebel T1i aka EOS 500D today, which is mainly a 450D with more megapixels, a higher resolution LCD and movie mode (With a few other things like Creative Auto thrown in).
Canon EOS Rebel T1i aka EOS 500D
(Entry-level digital SLR camera)
- 15 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Dust reduction
- DIGIC 4 imaging processor
- Same old 9 point AF (1 center cross-type point)
- 3 inch super-high resolution LCD (same as the 50D and 5D Mark II?)
- Live view with contrast detect autofocus
- Full manual controls and Creative Auto mode (just like the 50D)
- 3.4 FPS burst mode up to 170 JPEG or 9 RAW photos
- 1080p (1920 x 1080 at 20 FPS) movie mode with sound; no continuous autofocus
- Takes SD/SDHC memory cards
- Uses a lithium-ion battery
- Available in May for $800 (body only) or $900 (18-55 IS kit lens)
Canon also announced an entry-level Speedlite external flash, called the 270EX. This new flash is more powerful than the old 220EX it replaces and has a upward-rotating head that can be tilted up to 90 degrees for bounce flash.